Youth and Reconciliation
Do you know what young Australians think about the relationship between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and non-Indigenous Australians?
In 2012, Reconciliation Australia and the Australian Youth Affairs Coalition launched the Yarn About Youth program to find out what issues matter to young people and how young people and the youth sector can progress reconciliation.
They discovered, for example,
- 90% think the relationship between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians is important
- 35% think the relationship is good
- 16% think that we trust each other
- 51% think the relationship is improving
- 80% think Australia is better off because we have many different cultures
- 67% rank their knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories as high
Click here for more information.